Australian Cancer Council Donations
We’re not just in the business of supplying excellent dining room furniture; we are also proud to support a greater cause, one that is deeply important to us.
With every Only Dining Chairs purchase you make, you are contributing to a worthy initiative.
We donate $5 of your purchase to the Australian Cancer Council, a charity that relies on our generosity to aid their efforts in preventing and supporting those who have been afflicted with this pernicious disease.
We envision a future in which cancer is no longer prevalent and hope that our donations help achieve that.
Facts about cancer here in Australia that you may not know:
- In 2020, it was estimated that there were just under 150,000 new cases of cancer diagnosed and just under 50,000 deaths from cancer
- One in two Australian men and women will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85.
- Cancer is a leading cause of death in Australia – almost 50,000 deaths from cancer were estimated for 2019.
- In 2014, cancer was the second most common cause of death in Australia and accounted for about three in 10 deaths.
- Around 25,000 more people die each year from cancer compared to 1982.
- This is due mainly to population growth and ageing. However, the death rate (number of deaths per 100,000 people) has fallen by more than 24%.
- In the 1980s, the cancer survival rate was less than 50%. Today, almost seven in 10 Australians will survive for at least five years after a cancer diagnosis and in some cancers the survival is as high as 90%.
- The most common cancers in Australia (excluding non-melanoma skin cancer) are prostate, breast, colorectal (bowel), melanoma and lung cancer. These five cancers account for about 60% of all cancers diagnosed in Australia.
- In 2008, it was estimated that every year around 434,000 people will be diagnosed with one or more non-melanoma skin cancers in Australia.
- In 2016, there were 679 Australians who died from non-melanoma skin cancer.
- In 2016-18, $252 million in funding was provided for cancer research projects and programs in Australia.
If you feel like donating to this wonderful cause without even purchasing from us then click the link here.